Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Random Dozen May 19, 2010

It’s Wednesday again and time for the Random Dozen!  Join me and click on over to 2nd Cup of Coffee and say hi to our host Linda and see what other bloggers say about their Random Dozen!  As always, feel free to join in and link up over there!

1. What is one really fast, know-by-heart "go-to" meal to fix in a pinch? Oh it has to be my Mac N Cheese..Easy peasy! *Recipe below!*
2. What is one item you won't leave home without. (Purse and license do not count.) My camera!
3. Where is one place you never tire of visiting? Anywhere I can get to on a cruise ship!
4. Share one factoid of your family's history. 
My nana’s father was a pharmacist.
5. Complete this sentence: "Once upon a time I ...."
wanted to become a meteorologist.
6. If you could win a one year's supply of anything, what would it be?
Gasoline for the cars
7. "One quirky thing you may not know about me is ...."
I am OCD, when I leave the house I always need to check to make sure the stove is turned off.
8. You have one dollar in your pocket. What will you buy?
candy bar, there’s not much you can buy for a buck:(
9. "One thing that always makes me laugh is ...."
my dogs!
10. What is one thing you could do today to help yourself reach a personal goal? Get some willpower and lose a few pounds:(
11. What is one thing you could do today to bless someone else?
Say a simple prayer for them
12. What is one thing you're looking forward to soon? Hopefully seeing my kids, and my cousin is coming to visit next week!

*My Mac N Cheese*

Serves: 6

1 package large shell macaroni

3 eggs

Cheddar cheese grated

2 cups milk

Salt

Pepper

Paprika

Cook macaroni according to package directions, leaving just a bit underdone.  Rinse under cool water and drain well.

In a 8x8 or similar size casserole dish, spray with Pam cooking spray

Beat eggs together, add to milk mixing well

Assembly

Preheat oven to 350

In casserole dish, one layer of macaroni, layer of cheese, layer of macaroni, layer of cheese

Pour milk and egg mixture over the layers of mac and cheese, salt and pepper to taste

sprinkle a little paprika on top for color

Bake about 40 min til crispy on top!

Feel free to double the recipe or tweak it, the measurements are not set in stone.

9 comments:

  1. I love homemade Mac and Cheese, can't stand the box type, but love the homemade version! I will try it. I think Mom will like it too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mean you can actually make mac & cheese when it doesn't come out of a box?
    Aren't dogs funny? What personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MIL's mac-n-chs is to cook elbow noodles. grease a casserole dish. pour in a layer of noodles, top with a layer of cheddar (she slices from a block, I've found shredded is a LOT easier since I keep a 4lb bag in the freezer), then a layer of noodles and a layer of cheese...make sure it's all topped off with cheese. pour in milk to about halfway. bake at 350* for an hour.

    my changes have been to add some garlic salt when I'm layering, and to use evaporated milk.

    Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The eggs hold it all together really well and add a bit extra protein, like you don't get that with all that cheese, LOL..enjoy!

    Cerebral, I think that generationof our moms and grandmoms were more comfortable with slicing things like cheese..I can' do it without going to the emergency,so I shred..and I must try the evap milk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh my grandson lives on mac and cheese. This sounds good! Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mac and cheese. I'll be right over! LOL!

    And I check and check every time I leave the house. Can't leave the stove on, even though I haven't turned it on all week. ;-)

    AND I love cruise ships, too, and take my camera with me. I know my friends who don't blog think I'm nuts. And I'd buy gas, too.

    I would buy chocolate with a dollar... if you could get chocolate for a dollar. ;-)

    No pharmacists in the family, but does my neighbor count???

    And I think it would be cool to be a meterologist, but I'm so unscientific it isn't even funny.

    And my dogs (when they were alive) were a never ending source of hilarity each day.

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too on #5! I have always been fascinated with weather.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to let you all know how much I appreciate all your comments..friends who don't blog just don't understand how awesome it is, do they??

    hugs
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love homemade mac and cheese...I love having my kids home and an excuse to make it : ) I put eggs in mine too.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I Love Your Comments!

Counter

Related Posts with Thumbnails

SEARCH