Merry Christmas to all in my blog world! By the time we post next Saturday, the big day will be but a memory..
Thanks again to the wonderful Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for hosting our fab Pink Saturdays…for more info on Pink Saturday and the meaning thereof, click HERE. There are always lots of lovely bloggers and sometimes you will even find a great giveaway. Hey if you don’t look, you won’t know!
Our theme for today is our favorite holiday tradition. As the boys were growing up, I honestly don’t think we did the same thing twice. A Normal Rockwell type family we are not…every year was a bit different, like the year we took off, gifts and all, and spent Christmas in Laughlin, NV. The boys were teenagers and we felt the need to get away..so we did. They do still talk about that one! Other than that, we did the regular stuff..
I think MY biggest tradition is a funny one. Mailing out Christmas cards late is my tradition. It falls on no one else but me in this household, so for some reason it’s one of the last things that gets done. Some years it doesn’t get done. I am awful about it, I hate that this particular thing is my claim to fame. But hey, calling it a ‘tradition’ somehow helps!
Hope I put a smile on your face! Now, every week we are asked to introduce you to a blogger who is new to us. I found Jacquelin when I participated last month in a Christmas ornament exchange..She is a mom of FIVE daughters and married to a Navy man..check out her blog at A Stable Beginning and wish her a Merry Christmas!
Have a blessed Christmas with friends and family, our son and daughter in law who live near Sacramento are making the 8 hour drive south to see us early Christmas morning and will be with us for a couple days, that and having our older son who lives in the area with us at Christmas means more than almost anything..and to have parents, a brother and nieces and nephews, and not to mention our life long friends close by once again, truly a blessing to us. What’s not to feel blessed about?!
I am posting a couple pictures of our decorations this year..most are still boxed up but I dug out some favorites!











LOL! We have something in common. I usually mail my cards late, too! ;-) One year, I didn't have a chance to send Christmas cards so I sent Valentine cards.
ReplyDeleteGlad to know I'm in good company.
Happy Pink Saturday and a Merry Christmas, too!
Sheila :-)
Thanks for visiting my blog. I just mailed my last cards yesterday. I hope they make it. Cards are an easy one to put off until the last moment.
ReplyDeleteHappy Pink Saturday.
Oh I totally understand!! I still have not done my cards and every year I promise myself to do it early, here I sit and I have to get busy. I hope you have a Happy Pink Saturday and I wish you the Merriest Christmas of all. I will see you in the New Year, Char
ReplyDeleteHi Barb!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting me today!!!Love to meet new people!! I'm often late with my cards too, but somehow got them done early this year.
Your decorations are really nice! Oh, I have sons too and my one son would just love going to NV for Christmas at least if it was in Las Vegas!!!
love the pictures! I haven't started decorating yet. I am hoping to get to it tomorrow! Just haven't really been in the mood.
ReplyDeleteI am so bad about getting my Christmas cards out. I am usually late if I do actually get them mailed. lol Have a very blessed and merry Christmas. Come by if you get a chance.
ReplyDeleteBack Porch Blessings,
Rebecca
Merry Christmas! I love the pictures. Yes, I would love to speak with you! my email is: hpaxton@aol.com talk to you soon!
ReplyDelete