Saturday, September 10, 2011

9/11~Almost Fall~Pink Saturday

Hello friends, would like to offer my thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families as the upcoming 10th anniversary of the vicious attacks on our country approaches…I will never forget that day, and although we live across the country in California, I can say that so many on the west coast also felt the pain and anguish that day and in the days and months and years that followed.  It was a normal Tuesday, I was up to sip my coffee before getting dressed and heading to work that day..I turned on the Today Show and the hosts were talking about a plane crash in NY..I  glanced at the TV and saw the 2nd plane hit the building.  I don’t really remember what happened after that, I woke my husband and younger son who lived at home still..watched the bedroom tv while I got ready for work and heard someone say that the Pentagon had been attacked..at this point I wasn’t sure if I could make the drive to work..I was so upset but the school year had just started and I had things I had to take care of..on the way I was listening to talk radio and heard them say one of the towers fell..when I got to work we found a tv in the AV room and wheeled it into the library building where I worked and I can tell you no work got done for the library clerk, the textbook clerk, or me that day..so sad and tragic.  And one thing I remember is the disbelief that this could happen.  I don’t think anyone knew that day how our everyday lives would change from that point on..God’s blessings on all on this milestone anniversary.

My week.  Hubby has been gone since Monday, he headed up north to spend a few days on Shasta Lake with younger son and son’s father in law on their houseboat..Guy time.  In the meantime our s/c unit went on the fritz..It didn’t completely crash but I had to keep shutting the compressor on and on off for two days manually at the breaker as it would not stop when the inside fan cycled on and off..AAARGH..the a/c guy repaired it on Wednesday late in the day, glory be!..its still way too hot here to do without a/c, highs this week were in the 105-108 range..hoping for some ‘cooler’ temps this upcoming week.

Hubby will be home tomorrow and hoping he brings some new pictures of Grace Lily as I sent him with a camera..Hard to tell, lol!  I did get a few from my daughter in love, Gracie is getting so big, almost 4 months old..She is my pink for the week

Grace

Looks like she is getting ready to crawl soon..she’s working on it!

Have a wonderful week, and I am linking up to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound, please stop by and say hello!  Always a great time reading the Pink Saturday posts..

10 comments:

  1. Grace is a wonderful pink for today, she is just darling. The events of that horrid day will forever remain with us all who were alive at that time. I was a working then and everything stood still for days. happy pink sat
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HPS!
    Lovely post!
    And good thing you sent him with the camera!
    Enjoy!
    SMiles~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cutie!

    My Pink is at my Nostalgic Marveling blog, hope you can visit. Thanks and have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of Grace!!!! What a sweetheart!!!! She is getting so big!

    I was home on 9/11. I was sleeping when it happened. Mom and I were supposed to go to Windsor for a concert but Mom called and said we were not going. I then turned the TV on to see what had happened. I was stunned. Those are still such heartbreaking pictures and video. I don't think anyone who has seen the videos or pictures will ever forget where they were at the time.

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gracie is a doll! SHe is gonna crawl I can tell! Hee Hee! They grow up so fast! Nick's cc coach had a littl girl last year. Oh my! She was a tiny thing in the baby seat last year and today poor momma was chasing that girl all over the park! She is Carolina names for the college her daddy attended, North Carolina Tarheels! Hee Hee!
    September 11th will forever be on our hearts.
    Hugs Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gracie is so "pretty in pink" and the perfect post for Pink Saturday. She is a doll. Hope Carl brought you some more pictures to drool over. Even I want to kiss those pink cheeks.

    My senitments exactly on 911. I could not take my eyes off the TV and it just didn't seem real in our United States of America that something so devastating could happen.

    Why do things like the a/c breaking when hubby is away. Glad you finally got it fixed. 108...I better stop complaining about 100.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Barb, your Grace is just darling! & soooo pink! What a little cutie pie.

    I'll tell her when we talk today. TY she'll appreciate the note. Today will be a day she will eventually never forget ...you'll learn about it soon.

    May God continue to help us all heal & bless the souls once again.

    God Bless America, may she stand FREE forever.

    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Pink, love your Pink this week, Gracie is darling. You have a great looking blog, I love all the sewing notions. Have a great week I think it is cooling down a bit this week! Hugs Marilou

    ReplyDelete

I Love Your Comments!

Counter

Related Posts with Thumbnails

SEARCH