Saturday, December 26, 2009

Pink Satur-Day After Christmas

Well, I almost FORGOT to do my Pink Saturday post.  When I literally crawled into bed late last night, I remembered that it was Friday night..Ooops.  With having the adult kids for Christmas, and dealing with my folks 59th Anniversary and Christmas, and our POWER going out last night..no post until now.

Many thanks to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for, as always, being a gracious hostess for our posts..

Not much pink going on so I think I will just post some fave pictures from this week.  My mom and dad celebrated their 59th anniversary on Christmas eve, and as they were celebrating, just the two of them, at a local Brazilian restaurant, as they were getting ready to pay the bill, their waiter told them that it had been anonymously paid for.  Of course, their first thought it must have been me, my sister or my brother. But no, an anonymous benefactor right there in the restaurant.  The folks were so shocked and surprised and I told them now it was their turn to pay it forward..So I hope they do..

mom and dad anniversary1mom and dad anniversary 

Aren’t they cute??

100_4777

Pre gift opening!

100_4784

My daughter in law Melainie flanked by my son, her husband, Scott on the right in the blue, and my older son Dan on the left..Love those shirts she bought them!

100_4782

My daughter in law Melainie and I in our cutie patootie aprons!

100_4792

100_4798

100_4816

Dinner, yum..Sweet potatoes, homemade mac and cheese, and cheesy potatoes..along with the

100_4815 

Ham and plenty of fine beverages!

100_4819

Dad, mom, my brother Ray and hubby Carl

100_4823

Later at my folks home a few blocks away, my nephew Mike and his wife Jessica, yes they are expecting a baby girl in March!

100_4839

My dad with the gift my sister Cindy and I had made for them..

100_4836

We skyped with my sister Cindy and hubby Bruce who were home in Illinois and unable to be with us or her kids living in CA..She was able to watch them open their gifts..

100_4853

Cindy’s son Matt and his wife Jacqui opening Cindy’s gift to her, a Juicy Couture charm!

100_4860

Cindy’s middle son Joey opening one of her gifts to him!

We loved skyping so she could feel part of the party!

Well not too many pictures I hope.  I did notice that Jessica is wearing a pink top!  LOL

Well, have a wonderful day after Christmas, I am in a ton of pain today, was on my feet the whole day yesterday, thinking I should be on a morphine drip, lol.  this too shall pass! 

See ya next week!

11 comments:

  1. Awe... great family pics. Sounds like you all had a very good time! Rest up and feel better! Happy Pink Saturday!

    Hugs,
    Jacalyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice for your Mom and Dad to get their meal paid for. That was so kind of some wonderful person.

    Looks like you had quite the feast for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like you had a great day. We had a good day too. Mom got lots of loot from santa! We're watching harry potter right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful family Christmas. Thanks for sharing the photos of your family. The shirts your sons are wearing are great. Congrats to your mom and dad.

    Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures and I wish we could of been there...was fun to see ya all on Skype. Everybody looked great!!!
    Miss you so much xoxoox
    I'll be out in March!

    Sissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to your Mom and Dad! hope you recover well from the holidays and have a wonderful pink week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a quick note to thank you sweet ladies for stopping by and visiting me..I treasure every comment and friend I make..thank you..
    Blessings...
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Barb....It is Terry again. You ask where we got the pink salt. It is called Real Salt and we get it at health food stores. It is not as acidic as regular table salt. I love how it makes my food taste. The only thing I don't like about it is the trace minerals that look like sand....who knows maybe it is sand and it has the minerals in it. It is pink because of the natural iodine in it.

    I am sorry to hear you are house bound most of the time.....NOT FUN. I stay pretty close to home myself in the winter time.

    Hope you have a great New Year. Talk to you later. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Barb, congratulations to your parents for their anniversary. My parents would have celebrated 59 years yesterday. My father passed away 23 years ago, but my mother is with us.

    Your Christmas celebration looks wonderful, and the food must have been delicious.

    Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Pink Saturday, a little late!

    Barb, thanks for visiting my blog, so sorry I couldn't have met you while we were out there. We are back on Cape Cod after a week in Palm Springs. We're all native Californians too. Send me your email, I'd love to talk more!
    ~Marilee

    ReplyDelete

I Love Your Comments!

Counter

Related Posts with Thumbnails

SEARCH